What is Taurine?
Taurine is a soluble powder and can be easily mixed with your supplements or mixed with just water. It is a conditionally essential and naturally occurring amino acid stored in high amounts in human muscle (second most abundant amino acid after Glutamine). For best results take it before your workout of prior to bed.
Taurine is a naturally occurring amino acid and is found in high concentrations in the white blood cells, skeletal muscles, central nervous system as well as the heart muscles and is a common component of energy drinks.
Taurine is a non-essential amino acid that unlike other amino acids, is not used by the body for protein synthesis. Instead, it performs beneficial functions like stabilising cell membranes and transporting minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium in and out of the cells. Taurine also regulates nerve impulses and can support pH balance.
- Helping the cells hold more water (through cell volumisation)
- Helps strength gains and maximum lean muscle
- Protect muscle from breakdown
- Assist recovery from training
- Increase focus and cognitive performance
- Helps reduction of muscular cramps
- Helps to reduce stress
- Raise testosterone production